Senior Software Engineer (ETL)
7 Apr 2021
Following are major responsibilities of ETL Developer:
- Create, update and maintain packages and scripts to integrate business data or perform ETL using Microsoft Integration Services and/or stored procedures.
- Write scripts to create views, procedures, and functions in support of application and report development and testing.
- Work directly with end users to gather requirements and understand database related requirements for Business Intelligence applications.
- Work with development team members using agile principles to complete data integration project objectives.
- Perform unit testing of all work done by the team
- Management of project code and all related artifacts in Team Foundation Server
- Analyze and understand existing DB structure, file system, or any other source of data
- Map application data to the target and vice versa based on interface requirement.
Following are key skills required:
- Experience with TSQL including design and implementation of tables, constraints, indexes, stored procedures, views, and complex SQL statements.
- Good technical knowledge of ETL methodologies, design and analysis.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
- Ability to work well with team members, including direct relationships with application/report developers, business end users and project managers.
- Ability to organize projects and prioritize tasks in a multitasking environment.
- Strong technical, analytical and communications skills.
- Familiar with technical and business metadata concepts.
- Experience with financial or administrative system databases or ERP systems.
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Insurance Domain Expertise in US based large organization would be a plus
- Good communication and documentation skills
- BCS/ MCS/ BSc
- Around 2 years of SSIS design and development experience